Paid To Post In myLot – Is it worth the while?
MyLot is an online community where except for the fact of meeting wonderful, lame or just normal people you can earn out of the time you spend there. Earning streams are distinguished into posting new discussions, contribution in discussions created by others, uploading photos, performing search using the engine powered by yahoo, or completing tasks but let’s leave the “how it works” part aside for a while and spend some time in mentioning the boring stuff first.
MyLot is started operating since 2005 and is owned by myLot LLC, a US based company whose office is located in Overland Park, Kansas. It is not a BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited company from a search we have performed. The script myLot uses, is unique without saying that is nice, the interface (including layout) is easy to understand and to use even though is not something good to look at but this opinion comes over our personal taste and thus it’s minor to discuss further. On the other hand, it is something that should never influence your judge about the program itself. The total members since the day one is reaching the level of 2 hundred and fifty thousand registered users.
First things to do after registering in myLot
We won’t set you strict guidelines and you can do whatever you are pleased from without taking account our suggestions, however if you are new to myLot try to follow (too simplified) what you are reading here plus when you find time during the first few days , make friend the FAQ of myLot.
Complete your profile
To start from something and to engage with myLot, you need to make yourself known to the system by completing your profile (find it on the top of your screen) and your interests. Adding into your profile a webpage’s URL of yours which can be anything such as blog, site, hubpage, squidoo lens, facebook fan page, youtube channel etc., you take a side benefit of making more popular the thing you promote by doing that. Your interests can be added or edited from the pull down menu that is located at the bottom of the header. Your interests contain things you have been already experiencing or you always plan to do but you never had the time or been in the right place.
Benefit of myLot except earning
MyLot is a nice place to find info or get interested with something you’ve never thought that would be plied with. But don’t tie with it, meaning that some conversations could be abused by people who came there to earn money because this concept is a paid to post thingie and not a forum community with a certain orientation, don’t ever forget. You can always report the spam though and generally myLot staff is fairly good but need more or even further more effort to purge by the bad elements.
You can make new friends. Online friends but still is valuable for many including the author of this review. People with common interests or uncommon devotion to learn from or teach you new things. It is kind of chaotic place to find out the most suitable member to your persona and you may never find a friend but keep digging. Personally, I was never interested to fill up a list with many friends in order to seem accepted but it is your call to decide for.
It is already mentioned above but repetition is the mother of knowledge, so don’t forget to promote something you like from your profile. This will convert visits as the time goes and not immediately of course.
Ways of earning
- Post, post, post. But stay in the line of posting guidelines. Be qualitative and try your post to be descriptive and make good sense and point. There is a rating system which rate you using a secret complex algorithm (nobody knows the criteria exactly) and the credits are given in a 24-hour base. You will find the “discussions” area beside the “interests” one, remember? Pull down menu, at the top of the header. To return back on the rating system I would say that is vague the way this system works cause there is a common understanding not only by me but also from others that some days are down or up without logical backing up. The system is secret because there is always a danger of being abused if it was ever disclosed the way it works. The official explanation makes a lot sense taking past experience into account.
- Uploading Images. You can earn credits by uploading images when you open a new discussion. Images uploaded in your profile or anywhere outside the discussion’s area is not counted in. The rate is unknown as well.
- Searching is another way to earn money at myLot. The rate is also vague here.
- Complete tasks. From the pull down menu you can browse in the related subcategories. The outcome of every task is pre-defined. You may be asked to revise your work, correcting the mistakes you did, according to the specified guidelines that will be sent to you by the creator of the specific task. You have 7 days to complete the task after it is returned to you for revision. In case of further delay you will be permanently rejected.
- Affiliate program. The site gives 25% of the earnings your referral makes, back to you. It is a decent percent and the most interesting feature for all the ones who want to spare their time on some other daily task.
Payment options and payout limit
Paypal is the only payout option and seems like may discourage some from taking part since there is no other way of redemption. $10 is the payout minimum limit or can be set for even higher if you want to. Once you have collected the minimum amount at the end of every month you will get paid on the 15th of the following month. For instance, you managed to collect $35 in June, then you will receive the payment on the 15th of July, normally. One day before or later doesn’t hurt.
The Bottom Line
The site is legit, however the decision for being part of myLot is totally up to you. The money you can accumulate is exclusively based on your own activity. To give an honest advice, this can never become your favourite earning opportunity if you plan to participate without referring any. If you have plenty of free time and you are generally new to making money online, I would tell you to go and register because it is a place where you learn the basics about earning online, no special skills are needed and also a place like every forum community with pros and cons, nasty or awesome people you can cut off or deal with respectively.